Elderberry is one of the most commonly used medicinal plants in the world. Traditionally, Native Americans used it to treat infections, while the ancient Egyptians used it to improve their complexions and heal burns. It is still gathered and used in folk medicine across many parts of Europe.
Today, Elderberry is most often taken as a supplement to treat cold and flu symptoms. A+B Supplements prepared special immune gummies for you and your kids with fresh elderberry that has so many beneficial health properties. If you will add Organic Elderberry Immune Gummies in your families daily diet? You get lots of health benefits such as follows:
- High in Nutrients
High in vitamin C: There are 6–35 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams of fruit, which accounts for up to 60% of the recommended daily intake.
High in dietary fiber: Elderberries contain 7 grams of fiber per 100 grams of fresh berries, which is over one-quarter of the recommended daily intake.
A good source of phenolic acids: These compounds are powerful antioxidants that can help reduce damage from oxidative stress in the body.
A good source of flavonols: Elderberry contains the antioxidant flavonols quercetin, kaempferol, and isorhamnetin. The flowers contain up to 10 times more flavonoids than the berries.
Rich in anthocyanins: These compounds give the fruit its characteristic dark black-purple color and are a strong antioxidant with anti-inflammatory effects.
- May Improve Cold and Flu Symptoms
- High in Antioxidants
- May Be Good for Heart Health
- Maybe Good in Treating Acne
- Anti- Wrinkles- Elderberries contain high levels of vitamin A. The ANA also says that Elderberries may soothe the skin, help ease the appearance of age spots, and prevent or lessen wrinkles.
- Immune System -Elderberries are also believed to contain antiviral agents so potent they are thought to deactivate viruses. Viruses are unable to multiply on their own and need to get inside a healthy cell to do so. Elderberries have high concentrations of bioflavonoids which inhibit the action of this enzyme, thus deactivating viruses and rendering them unable to pierce the cell wall and replicate. Research has shown that Elderflowers are also effective in killing common pathogens.
- Cystitis/Urinary Tract/Bladder Infections
- Allergy Relief- Elderberry has immune-stimulating and anti-inflammatory properties, which make it a great natural remedy for allergy symptoms. As to the immune-stimulating property of Elderberry, it helps the person to reduce the duration and severity of the illness.
- Digestive Health- The high fiber content of Elderberries can help to eliminate constipation, reduce excess gas, and generally increase the health of the gastrointestinal system.
- Fights Oxidative Stress- Elderberry helps fight oxidative stress. What is oxidative stress? Oxidative stress is defined as a disturbance in the balance between the production of reactive oxygen species or free radicals and antioxidant defenses is discussed in relation to its possible role in the production of tissue damage in diabetes mellitus.
- Fights Cancer- Elderberry seeds have amygdalin, which is also known as vitamin B17. Amygdalin is a compound that many believe is good for cancer prevention. Amygdalin is a naturally occurring cyanogenic glycoside extract derived from nuts, plants, and the pits of certain fruits, primarily apricots, broken down by enzymes in the intestine to produce cyanide, a known poison. It was first used in Europe and later in the United States as an alternative cancer therapy.
- Aids in Mild Cognitive Impairment- Elderberries, particularly the Sambuci Fructus variant, has been shown in a number of studies to have significant anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Good Pain Reliever- Elderberry contains a significant amount of anti-inflammatory and calming properties, doctors have been recommending its use for sinus pain, back and leg pain (sciatica), nerve pain (neuralgia), and chronic fatigue syndrome.